Western 1000 Salt Spreader Tailgate Low Profile
The Western 1000 Salt Spreader is the mid size of the three spreader offerings in Western’s Low Profile class.
- The Western 1000 Salt Spreader is designed for pickup trucks with a Class III or Class IV trailer hitch
- 8 cu. ft. capacity poly hopper for long corrosion-free life
- 1/3 HP, 12V DC motor mounted inside a sealed housing in the hopper for corrosion protection
- Powder-coated steel auger and agitator
- Durable 10” poly spinner for long life performance
- Optional top screen and adjustable deflector
- Molded polyethylene cover
Western 1000 Salt Spreader Mount Options
Choose between three tailgate spreader mounting styles:
- “Fixed Bumper” mounting system (not shown)
- Dual Swing Mount design, which allows the empty spreader to swing out of the way for easy access to the truck’s tailgate and bed, while the tailgate is attached to the truck (not shown)
- Class IV Receiver hitch mount (shown)
Western 1000 Salt Spreader Wireless Controllers EXCLUSIVE from TrickMyTruck
With TrickMyTruck you get the option to have one of our one of a kind wireless controllers installed on your spreader before purchase. Our wireless system is installed on your existing tailgate salt spreader and then wired into a positive and negative power cable coming from your truck’s battery supply to the back of your vehicle. Plug in and away you go. Ths allows you to move your spreader from truck to truck, which would cost hundreds of dollars in extra parts if you did this with an OEM controller setup.
Functionality such as burst, variable speeds and power on and off comes on every remote. No more drilling into your truck cab or having bulky controllers bouncing around the truck. Comes with a 1 year warranty and we stand by them!
Western 1000 Salt Spreader Wired Spreader Control (Manufacturers)
The Low Profile Spreader control includes in-cab “on/off” blast switch and variable speed control, for all three models.