Western 2500 Low Profile Tailgate Spreader
The Western Low Profile Spreader Model 2500 is the largest of the three spreader offerings in Western’s Low Profile class.
The Low Profile Spreader Model 2500 is designed for pickups with a Class IV trailer hitch
- Designed for bagged salt only
- Class IV Receiver hitch mount is standard equipment
- 8.5 cu. ft. capacity high-density polyethylene hopper for long corrosion-free life
- 1/3 HP, 12V high-torque motor mounted inside a sealed housing in the hopper for corrosion protection
- Adjustable feed gate with positive material flow shut-off
- Adjustable material deflectors
- Powder-coated steel auger and material agitator
- Large 15” polyurethane spinner for long life performance
- Molded polyethylene cover
Western 2500 Low Profile Tailgate Spreader Flow Control System
- Specialized feed gates and auger design combine to deliver complete and reliable flow control, eliminating material spillage and waste
- Feed gates are stainless steel with an added powder coated finish for 2x the corrosion protection
- Adjustable feed gates are located above the auger to deliver positive shut-off and absolute control over material distribution
- “Saw tooth” feed gate design cuts through material in the gate, resulting in easy operation and complete material shutoff
- A 3-flight auger traps material more effectively, resulting in less material spillage, even if feed gates are left open when traveling from job to job
- An optional 5-flight auger provides maximum control over small pelletized material.
Western Low Profile Tailgate Spreader Wireless Controllers EXCLUSIVE from TrickMyTruck
With TrickMyTruck you get the option to have one of our one of a kind wireless controllers installed on your spreader before purchase. Our wireless system is installed on your existing tailgate salt spreader and then wired into a positive-negative power cable from your truck’s battery to the back of the vehicle. Plug in our system to your power supply and away you go.
Functionality such as burst, variable speeds and power on and off comes on every remote. No more drilling into your truck cab or having bulky controllers bouncing around the truck. Comes with a 1 year warranty and we stand by them!
Western 2500 Low Profile Tailgate Spreader Receiver Hitch Mount
A Class IV receiver hitch mount is standard on Spreader Model 2500 and optional on Spreader Model 1000. A Class III receiver hitch is standard on Model 500 spreaders. No tools are required to install or remove the spreader.
Western 2500 Low Profile Tailgate Spreader Wired Spreader Control (Manufacturers)
The Low Profile Spreader control includes in-cab “on/off” blast switch and variable speed control, for all three models.